Benefits of Membership
- contribute to the interdisciplinary mission of SE17 to promote the study and teaching of early modern France
- become part of a vibrant, international, bi-lingual, and personable community of scholars from a wide range of disciplines at work on many diverse aspects of the long French seventeenth century
- participate in the annual SE17 conference by presenting a paper, chairing a session, or simply attending
- enjoy easy access to the Cahiers du dix-septième: An Interdisciplinary Journal and its full archives
- exchange ideas and questions regarding research and teaching with colleagues from across the disciplines through the on-line discussion forum
- share resources for research and teaching with other scholars of early modern France
- be a part of a reputable list of scholars in the membership database, which includes updatable fields on past and current research and teaching activities, and links to personal websites and CVs; access full contact and professional activities information for other members
- obtain up-to-date information on upcoming conferences, calls for papers, recent publications, and other announcements of interest and post announcements of interest to the membership (coming soon)
- enjoy the convenience of consulting a constantly updated bank of links to other sites and resources related to early modern France and contribute entries to the collection (coming soon)
- publicize scholarly and teaching accomplishments on the website to a large group of interested scholars through the assistance of the SE17 Bibliographer (coming soon)
If you are a new member, please complete the membership form on-line and submit it when finished by clicking the button “Become a member” at the bottom of the form. Please note that only name, institutional affiliation, and research and teaching interests will be publicly accessible. All other information you provide, including address, phone and e-mail, will be accessible only to other SE17 members.
You may also renew your membership on the Membership Payment Options page. Please also take a moment to update your personal and professional information in the Membership Database. Members are encouraged to contact the SE17 Bibliographer, Charlotte Trinquet, for assistance in publicizing their scholarly accomplishments.
Membership runs the course of the calendar year and is required for participation in the annual SE17 conference. Membership dues are $25 annually for a full-time teacher-scholar and $15 annually for a part-time teacher-scholar, independent scholar, graduate student, or retired member.
Following on-line registration, you may pay your membership dues using our online secure payment processing system or you may pay by check or international money order. All payments may be made on the Membership Payment Options page.
Should you have any questions, please contact the SE17 Executive Director, Katherine Dauge-Roth.
Please join Now